FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Not sending out confirmation mails
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Not sending out confirmation mails [message #162773] Thu, 15 July 2010 04:44 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
I'm trying to register an addy to one of my new boards, and the confirmation email isn't arriving. I tried sending it about 5 times. The addy is correct. Any ideas as to where to start trouble-shooting?

Much thanks in advance
Re: Not sending out confirmation mails [message #162775 is a reply to message #162773] Thu, 15 July 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Work your way from the bottom up: Can the OS send mail? Can PHP send mail? Is FUDforum's mail settings OK?
Re: Not sending out confirmation mails [message #162925 is a reply to message #162775] Mon, 30 August 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
naudefj wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 02:05
Work your way from the bottom up: Can the OS send mail? Can PHP send mail? Is FUDforum's mail settings OK?

I ran into the same thing happening. Everything was working great then suddenly (about 9 days ago) I see that I have a bunch of unconfirmed new users (which means that the original email didn't get to the user, or at least they didn't click on it). It's possible that some of them are spambots, but they all weren't since I've heard from a few. I also had a user complain that he couldn't reset the password (no email came from that process).

So I rebooted my server and tried to create a new account. That worked now so hopefully things are back and running again. I don't know what was wrong.

Also, is there a way to resend the initial email to complete registration?

Cheers,

James.
Re: Not sending out confirmation mails [message #162926 is a reply to message #162925] Mon, 30 August 2010 16:37 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
jm2morri wrote:
Also, is there a way to resend the initial email to complete registration?

None that I'm aware of. The next release will log mail sending errors. That should at least help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Issues with Mass E-mail in Admin Control Panel
Next Topic: Board Hacked?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 01:31:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02069 seconds