FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Limit trolls (Use "Ignore" - List to disallow replies )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Limit trolls [message #162877 is a reply to message #162876] Sun, 22 August 2010 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
I am unsure if it is a wise thing to put moderation decisions in the hands of the end-user. Moderation of a forum should be done by moderators, not by participants of the discussion - If you don't like someones opinion, or if you know he can prove you wrong, add him to your ignore list, start the topic and you are free to say whatever you want and the people on your ignore list cannot chime in.

Trying to purposely recreate Lord of the Flies will serve no good I think. Trolls are people too and often a troll is only a troll in the eyes of the beholder.

Set straight forum rules and enforce the rules via moderators, having a pseudo-government deciding what and who should talk about what will undoubtedly lead to penalism and fractions within your community. Your suggestion goes against everything we have learned so far about community management.

I cannot tell you what to do, you are a free man, but I very strongly advice against this.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Body/Subject Mangling
Next Topic: Settings: Require password only to update required information
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:57:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05632 seconds