FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Question about Referrals
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Question about Referrals [message #8575] Sun, 09 February 2003 13:59 Go to next message
Victor_M is currently offline  Victor_M   United States
Board version: 2.3.6

The FAQ states that "referrals are tracked automatically, when you give someone a URL to the forum and they register you will be credit with the referral of that person."

What is meant by "give someone a URL"?

It shows me with 97 referrals but I don't remember ever giving anyone the URL.
Re: Question about Referrals [message #8582 is a reply to message #8575] Mon, 10 February 2003 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Every forum URL has an embeded user id, meaning that if a new user comes to a forum via this URL and registers. Then the existing user who's embeded id was in the URL will get credited for referring the newly registered user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Question about Referrals [message #9162 is a reply to message #8582] Thu, 13 March 2003 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
I need this option hidden or disabled. Please advise how this can be done. Thank you in advance.
Re: Question about Referrals [message #9207 is a reply to message #9162] Sun, 16 March 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
People who just come to the forum usually get assigned as referred by the admin.

You cannot easily disable this option, but one of the ways to simple remove the page which shows this information and modify templates linking to this page (tabs.tmpl & usrinfo.tmpl)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Question about Referrals [message #16308 is a reply to message #9162] Sun, 25 January 2004 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick wrote on Thu, 13 March 2003 15:15

I need this option hidden or disabled. Please advise how this can be done. Thank you in advance.

Can it be done easily now with all the different updates? I have disabled showing future referrals, but how about all the ones already available to everyone?
Re: Question about Referrals [message #16312 is a reply to message #16308] Sun, 25 January 2004 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
In next release referral info will not be displayed if the feature is turned off.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Question about Referrals [message #16335 is a reply to message #16312] Sun, 25 January 2004 23:27 Go to previous message
Yeah! I love you.....and so will my political friends. You know politicians - why be honest when you can hide behind a few names?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Beside me question on FUDforum 2.5
Next Topic: Display user names in profiles
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:41:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03176 seconds