FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » [SOLVED] Feature suggestion: allow stripping out of ML tag from subject line
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
[SOLVED] Feature suggestion: allow stripping out of ML tag from subject line [message #163115] Tue, 28 September 2010 22:50 Go to previous message
tux99   Switzerland
Hi,
I hope you won't ban me Wink , as this is already my third bug report / feature request in 4 days, but since I'm extensively testing the mailing-list handling of FUDforum, I came up with something else that would improve it even more.

Basically when importing ML mails I see that the subject line in the forum always contains the ML tag that mailing lists usually include (for example [Mageia-discuss] ).

I think in the forum index the subject lines would be easier to read if that ML tag was filtered out. This could probably be easily implemented by adding an extra field in the ML Admin page that would allow the admin to input the ML tag to be filtered out of the subject line for the specific ML.

My only doubt is if this will break threads once a post entered on the forum is posted back to the ML. I don't think it will, as AFAIK it's not the subject line that is used to keep a thread but other header entries, but I wanted to mention this concern anyway.

Any thoughts on this are very welcome! Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2010 06:04]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Links to translate.google.com
Next Topic: HI,admin.I'm from china
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-