FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Profiles and message titles visible to lurkers
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  Profiles and message titles visible to lurkers [message #16529] Wed, 04 February 2004 04:49 Go to previous message
Delta is currently offline  Delta   United States
I am assuming this is a bug: With just about every info function turned off on the front page, unregistered users can:

- View the profile of anyone who is noted on the public forums listing of the front page, including moderators and last poster in a forum,

AND

- View the message titles of all the posts of those people, even posts in the "private" forums. The messages themselves are still blocked, but still, lurkers are able to see titles, which is more than would be expected.

This happens with the following settings:

Members list is enabled only for registered users.
Search is enabled only for registered users.
Who's online, etc. are disabled.
Group settings completely disable unregistered users on all functions of the private forums.

Again, I'm assuming this is a bug and not an error in settings. I believe I locked everything up pretty tight. Our members would like to assume that only other members can see their profiles. This seems like a glaring loophole.

I checked the recent updates and did not see these things mentioned, but perhaps I did not understand some jargon. (?)

Thanks!
[Message index]

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "RDF_AUTH_ID" variable is placed above "<?php" in GLOBALS.php causing errors.
Next Topic: forum error msg
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:00:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05138 seconds