FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Permanently remove OR replace the logo on the Forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Permanently remove OR replace the logo on the Forum [message #165322] Thu, 26 May 2011 04:53 Go to next message
gsochor is currently offline  gsochor
Guys,

as much as I am convinced, that the little cherub in the upper right corner is just rocking the forum, my bosses don't exactly agree with me and want our corporate logo (or nothing at all) to be put there.

The cheap fix was to replace the cherub with a transparent gif, but it still looks kind of odd.

So I am looking for two things:

1) How may I remove the logo completely (like in older versions) ?
2) What are the correct dimensions, so I can tell one of the marketing guys, I want a logo with a by b pixel dimensions ?

Version is 3.0.2, custom stylesheet, but only the colors are changed to match our corporate identity.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg
Re: Permanently remove OR replace the logo on the Forum [message #165323 is a reply to message #165322] Thu, 26 May 2011 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The logo can still be removed; in fact, you can redesign the entire header and add your own image/images to it.

Just mail header.tmpl (and maybe forum.css.tmpl) to your design team and ask them to rebrand it. It is important to note that there are 2 headers in header.tmpl (a normal header + simple header for pop-up pages). They can restyle both or just the normal header.

When done, create a new theme (very important, otherwise upgrades will overwrite it!), add your modified templates to it, and activate it from the Theme Manager ACP.

Aw: Re: Permanently remove OR replace the logo on the Forum [message #165324 is a reply to message #165323] Thu, 26 May 2011 05:58 Go to previous message
gsochor is currently offline  gsochor
Yep... that did the trick (only removed the logo as a first change), now the design team can work something trick out, that will make the bosses happy.

Thx a lot
Greg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How-to: https for login operations only
Next Topic: some trobles in file attachments/
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 23:28:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04974 seconds