FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Seeking a mentor to help me figure out how to set this up :)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Seeking a mentor to help me figure out how to set this up :) [message #165621] Thu, 28 July 2011 08:15 Go to next message
FarrahDazeRage is currently offline  FarrahDazeRage
Hi there,

I have created forums before, but just the easy kind that you create with an online wizard... never with something I needed to download.

I am looking to make a forum for my roller derby league and according to ForumMatrix FUDforum has everything we require... in particular it is free, supports a calendar and polls, RSS feeds and has hosting available.

I have spent about 10 min looking at this site, which I know isn't enough, but I really do need to get off my butt and go to work! I am just hoping there is someone out there who wouldn't mind walking me through setting up a new forum and could help me with some questions...

The biggest questions right now:
1. How do I start?
2. Is there really hosting available? Is it free?
3. Will RSS support allow me to have an email sent to my members every day with all of the new threads/posts in it?

Thank you very much for helping me Smile
Farrah Daze Rage
Roc City Roller Derby
Re: Seeking a mentor to help me figure out how to set this up :) [message #165622 is a reply to message #165621] Thu, 28 July 2011 08:46 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
1. Download. Read the README file. Run install.php and answer the questions.

2. Yes, see "Who can host my forum for me?" at FAQ.

3. The forum will notify members of new posts via E-mail. They can use a RSS reader to "pull" a list of new topics/messages on demand.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Show IP addresses in "show what people are doing"
Next Topic: Message deletion and thread closure
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:29:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02063 seconds