FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Mailing list integration question
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Mailing list integration question [message #168830 is a reply to message #168828] Sun, 28 July 2013 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
I've been poking around in the code, and I have a few questions.

Lines 45-49 of mlist_post.inc seems to be creating our own Message ID, updating mlist_msg_id w/the value, and making it part of the email before it is sent. So isn't the code already doing what I'm suggesting regarding Message IDs?

If my understanding is correct, all messages that have been sent out via email should have a messageid in their database entry. That means all I really need to do to accomplish what I want is the proper database query and formatting of a References header. It would seem that all this could be put right after line 41 in moist_post.inc.

This one could be my misunderstanding of PHP, but doesn't line 12 of moist_post.inc set the reply_to to null no matter what is passed to the function? Lines 40-42 would then not do anything because reply-to will always be null? I see similar behavior in the send_email function in remail.php, where $header is set to '' no matter what headers are sent to it. This would suggest that even if the Reply-To header was set, it wouldn't be used.

it appears that the send_email function (with the class fur_smtp) in remail.php sends the actual email, so you're not using PHPMailer. is that correct?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message