FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Warn and delete
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Warn and delete [message #17539] Fri, 02 April 2004 15:39 Go to previous message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
OK, here I go nagging again...

What I need is an improved "warning" function. For instance, the MODs could have a "Warn"-button next to the "delete" and "edit"-buttons.

Pushing that button would ideally open a PM directed to the user, saying something like "the following message has been deleted, because it is a serious violation of the forum's rules:

Then a copy of the message.

"

An even better function would be if that same action moves the message to eg. some other pre-determined forum or something - so the "deleted" message is kept for future reference.

You may think this is far-fetched - but keep in mind we're a newspaper. We have heavy traffid on the site, so it's necessary to keep the moderating process as efficient as possible. Also, we need to be able to keep "deleted" messages for future reference. At the moment I'm all for the option of NOT actually deleting messages, but instead moving them to hidden groups. Thus, even a large number of moderators can search for a specific user in those forums and get an overview over what warnings that person has received in the past, and how "serious" his/her violations were.

Does anyone have similar needs - and has anyone come up with a good solution?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stay Logged In Box
Next Topic: search only in someone's posts?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 05:59:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04857 seconds