FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Stuck in a Circle
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Stuck in a Circle [message #17761] Sat, 17 April 2004 04:05
creamywf is currently offline  creamywf   United States
We lost our forum last fall due to problems with the hosting company we were using. Every time they did an update or their server crashed, it was difficult to get the forum back up. They blamed the FUD software, the FUD developers blamed the hosting company. Both refused to speak to us in the end, and we were lucky to get a final backup of our data from that hosting company.

We've been through FOUR hosting companies now, and none can get a backup of our database onto the same version on our existing host without it timing out because of permissions problems, even when the hosting company goes wide open for us.

So we've been in limbo, on a temporary host, unable to be where we are supposed to be for almost 6 months.

We're just lucky that there are some genuinely nice people out there.....

I notice that because this is a developer's forum, there seem to be a lot of problems when users subscribe to a hosting service.

Since we haven't been able to solve this problem, and we need to get off the temporary server and onto the hosting service we have been paying for all these months.....I think we have no option but to try to convert our databases to some other forum software.

I see that there are converters TO FUDForum, are there any to convert FROM FUDForum to other popular forum softwares?

I hate to leave FUD, I think it has more to offer, but I have a few hundred people that are tired of being in limbo and having to type in a 4 line url to get to our site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PHP in templates.
Next Topic: rdf help
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 03:44:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02777 seconds