FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » importing datadump, so easy, so hard
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
importing datadump, so easy, so hard [message #18426] Sat, 22 May 2004 12:27 Go to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

I'm practising moving a forum to another web server (which I'll really need soon).

The current forum is on a linux system with php 4.3.4, mysql 3.23.56. The new site I'm practising is a freebsd with php 4.3.6, mysql 4.1.1 (The real site will most probably be a linux with php 4, and mysql 3.x).

Making datadump with no problem. Installing the new forum with no problem (The new installation directories are completely different than the old one).

I upgraded the old forum to version 2.6.3. Then I made a datadump. I made a fresh install of 2.6.3 to the new server.

When importing, the following error occurs:

Warning: mkdir(/home/FUDforum//errors/.backup/template_1025894133): Permission denied in /home/www/forum/adm/admimport.php on line 38
Failed to create /home/FUDforum//errors/.backup/template_1025894133 directory, check file permissions

However, the web server DOES HAVE write permissions to the directory, because it's the user I used when installing the fudforum.

Anyway, I do a chmod -R 777 /home/FUDforum. No luck! The same error message... I checked, The template_1025894133 dir is created with permissions 644. I guess there is something wrong with the umask, which is 0022. It should create the directories with 755, but it creates them with 644. It seems it creates dirs as if they were files.

Anyway, again I do a chmod -R 777 on the template_ directory.

This time, I get only the following message (but 6 times):

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /home/www/forum/adm/admimport.php on line 92

Then I try to return to some administration part of the forum, I get a login and password page. It won't let me in (tried both OLD and NEW admin credentials), saying "Only administrators with proper access credentials can login via this control panel".

I checked fud2_users table (since old prefix was fud2_, I used the same prefix in the new forum as well), it's completely empty. Some of the other tables contain data, but I'm not quite sure if all or most of the rest are in good condition.

I have just one guess, it may be something related to mysql 3.x and 4.x differences. I don't know much about these differences, so I'll just once more try importing data with using mysql 3.x.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
2f@n

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png

[Updated on: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:33]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Images for template
Next Topic: How to manually change last update time
Goto Forum: