FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » email and IP filter
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  email and IP filter [message #19444] Tue, 20 July 2004 16:28 Go to next message
wfjmueller is currently offline  wfjmueller   Germany
Today I removed a user which had an offending home page. To avoid that this guy re-registered, I added a 'simple' entry in the "email filter" list. A few hours later, this fellow was registered again, with exactly the email address I had tried to block.

The docu (see link) states, that a match with the email filter should also prevent registration. Any idea on what is going wrong here?

Beyond that I wonder how the IP filter (see link )works. The docu only mentions that it blocks posting, but does not mention registering. Is that true? Is that intentional?

By the way: we still use 2.6.2 (with two patches fixing notification email issues).
Re: email and IP filter [message #19454 is a reply to message #19444] Wed, 21 July 2004 13:06 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The e-mail filter will be used against the e-mail address a user uses during registration. The ip filter however, was not. I fixed that in the CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: please help with specific regular expression for mailing list footer mangling
Next Topic: How On Earth do you change features in certain forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:06:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02389 seconds