FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » sql_errors
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
sql_errors [message #19909] Thu, 16 September 2004 01:53 Go to next message
dadnad is currently offline  dadnad   Australia
Hi I'm having a bit of trouble moving my forum from one server to another... I'm getting 'Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the... review the forum's SQL query log in /home/vmbsg01/forum.vmbsg.com.au/forum/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102' error. I've had a look at my sql_errors log, and a few posts here, how am I able to decipher this error?

[Thu Sep 16 1:39:16 GMT 2004] KCkgMTA0NDogQWNjZXNzIGRlbmllZCBmb3IgdXNlcjogJ3ZtYnNnMDFAbWVsMDEuc3RyYXRlZ2l jZGF0YS5pbnRlcm5hbCcgdG8gZGF0YWJhc2UgJ3ZtYnNnMDInPGJyIC8+ClF1ZXJ5OiBMT0NLIF RBQkxFUyBmdWQyM19zZXMgV1JJVEU8YnIgLz4KU2VydmVyIFZlcnNpb246IDQuMC4yMC1sb2c8Y nIgLz4K

Is there a script I can run to get the errors out? obviously I can't use the admin interface or I would have had some more success... my forum is currently version 2.3 but am going to upgrade to latest once I can jump this hurdle...

Cheers for any assistance.

Adam.
Re: sql_errors [message #19918 is a reply to message #19909] Thu, 16 September 2004 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeeislandboy is currently offline  zeeislandboy   United States
Hi.

I've got exactly the same issues (though I'm not moving my forum) and have posted them in detail in the "How To" section under the heading "log-in problems for admin and everyone else". No solutions yet... Please let me know if you get anywhere and I'll do the same. Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 18:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sql_errors [message #19921 is a reply to message #19918] Thu, 16 September 2004 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeeislandboy is currently offline  zeeislandboy   United States

I've just gotten my problem figured out. It may be the same as yours. I have MySQL on my server, which allows me to see the database files. I'm a novice to all of this, so I might not get all the terms right. Once you see the files, fin your fud23_ses file. All this contains is info about the current sessions, so you can empty it without affecting your forum. You want to empty it, not "drop" it (these are the terms in MySQL. Sinced it will probably be "in use" you'll need to check the box next to the file and use the small pull-down list to chose empty. And that's it. Next time you or someone else logs onto your forum, the fud23_ses file gets filled up with fresh info (and hopefully you won't see the error message!).

Hope it works for you.

Curtis

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 20:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sql_errors [message #19924 is a reply to message #19921] Fri, 17 September 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply but I don't think it covers the problem I'm having...
Reading other similar posts it looks like the errors reported in the sql_errors log get decrypted somehow to plain text, I say decrypted cause the logs look like a big fat md5 hash to me... I think my forum is having trouble connecting to mysql and this is preventing any further action... so I'm not able to see anything other than the previously reported error when I go the the forum page...

Thanks for your help though, am glad you were able to fix your problem.

Cheers,
Adam.
Re: sql_errors [message #19929 is a reply to message #19924] Fri, 17 September 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The error is due to lacking permissions, the plain text error is:
() 1044: Access denied for user: 'vmbsg01(at)mel01(dot)strategicdata(dot)internal' to database 'vmbsg02'<br />
Query: LOCK TABLES fud23_ses WRITE<br />
Server Version: 4.0.20-log<br />

You need to hav your admin give you ability to LOCK tables.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: sql_errors [message #19935 is a reply to message #19929] Fri, 17 September 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks very muchly!
how did you get the plain text out? just run it through your admin interface or is there a little script somewhere I haven't seen to do it?

Thanks sooo much.

Adam.
Re: sql_errors [message #19937 is a reply to message #19935] Fri, 17 September 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The error messages are base64 encoded so they don't get corrupted. To see the message simply use PHP's base64_decode() function.

When FUDforum works Wink admin has access to error log viewer that shows the actual text of the errors.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: sql_errors [message #20534 is a reply to message #19937] Mon, 18 October 2004 16:13 Go to previous message
adrel is currently offline  adrel   United States
Hi,

I experienced the same problem, having to decode the base64 messages from the error file. The problem was that I could not log into the board and use that to decode them for me.

Therefore, I wrote a small PHP script to decode them for me. I put that in a directory, made a copy of the sql_errors file, and I set up limited access to it (just in case).

Anyhow, here's the script I used, someone else might find it handy. It requires the sql_errors file to put placed in the same directory as the script itself, but one can easy adjust that to match his/her own installation.

<?php
?>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>sql_errors</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <table border=1>
    <?php
    $f
= fopen('sql_errors', 'r');
    while(!
feof($f)) {

$line = fgets($f, 32768);
      if(
$line[0] != '[') continue;
      if(
$line[28] != ']') continue;

$date = substr($line, 1, 27);

$encoded = substr($line, 30);

?>
      <tr>
        <td valign=middle><?= $date ?></td>
        <td valign=top><?= base64_decode($encoded) ?></td>
      </tr>
      <?php

}

fclose($f);

?>
    </table>
  </body>
</html>
<?php
?>

It is a simple script, but it does the job. I hope this would be helpful to some other people having the same sort of problems.

Regards,
-Adrel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Install problem
Next Topic: Apache 2.0.51 [CAN-2004-0811.patch] step 4 - 5
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 07:14:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03040 seconds