FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Failing to install images
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Failing to install images [message #20085] Fri, 24 September 2004 15:00 Go to next message
anner is currently offline  anner   United States
It installs everything else just fine. The program runs successfully, but without images.

Warning: opendir(/data/home2/gopc/FUDforum/thm/default/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /data/home2/gopc/FUDforum/include/compiler.inc on line 607
Cannot open directory "/data/home2/gopc/FUDforum/thm/default/images"

What could cause it to not create the image file, but do everything else correctly?

Anne
Re: Failing to install images [message #20086 is a reply to message #20085] Fri, 24 September 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Does the directory exist, if it does, does the forum have permissions to open it?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20092 is a reply to message #20086] Fri, 24 September 2004 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anner is currently offline  anner   United States
As I mentioned. The forum successfully created everything else in /home2/gopc/FUDforum/ without any problems, but failed to create /home2/gopc/thm/default/images...it created /home2/gopc/thm/default and 2 other files in there no problem.

Anne
Re: Failing to install images [message #20107 is a reply to message #20092] Sun, 26 September 2004 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you try running the upgrade script to see if it'll add the missing directory? I tried installing the forum here, but was unable to replicate the missing directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20393 is a reply to message #20107] Tue, 12 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malik is currently offline  malik   Belarus
The same problem with the images the new script doesn't create the necessary Dir

And please give the advise how to eliminate this before and after 13
I don't need it at all
With a great respect to all core developers and people who supporting and running this forum
Re: Failing to install images [message #20401 is a reply to message #20393] Tue, 12 October 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Were you installing FUDforum 2.6.7RC2?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20404 is a reply to message #20401] Tue, 12 October 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I wasn't don't want to install releases I think you should understand me!

But anyway I solved the problems with the age (was to lazy to read everything till the end:( ) and staff with the images just getting all the images from this forum and downloading to mine

Still don't get the browsers incomparability such Opera and Explorer
First the images are shown in png then in jpg I understood the dynamic staff but still...

Hope new release I'll download and install will be 2.6.7

With a great respect to all core developers and people who supporting and running this forum helping people to communicate cross the World!
Re: Failing to install images [message #20405 is a reply to message #20404] Tue, 12 October 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
IE cannot render pngs properly, especially those with transparencies. So, when the forum detects an IE browser it switches to GIF images, that look a little worse then the PNG ones, but at least can be rendered properly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20407 is a reply to message #20405] Tue, 12 October 2004 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got it!
EXP-> baaad ! Must die and never come back:)

One more quest Ilia :

I got the sql database of other forum (phpbb old one) ahh whatever would it be possible to transmit this database to my fudforum
(additional information fortunately hosting presents only one sql server)
Would it be possible to do so?
Or I should reanimate the old forum but I think two forums using 1 sql server cause big troubles with mixing up the sql tables

Thanks one more time!

Oops I hit submit reply an arror occured
Re: Failing to install images [message #20408 is a reply to message #20407] Tue, 12 October 2004 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use the phpbb2 conversion script, that will import data from phpbb to fudforum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20409 is a reply to message #20408] Tue, 12 October 2004 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia - the russian name
where are you from if that's not secret
Re: Failing to install images [message #20410 is a reply to message #20409] Tue, 12 October 2004 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more quest

were can I find forum/theme/default/images/affero_noreg.gif
image I was crawling thorough the forum but still didn't find

Re: Failing to install images [message #20411 is a reply to message #20410] Tue, 12 October 2004 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
thm/default/images/

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failing to install images [message #20422 is a reply to message #20085] Wed, 13 October 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doublej is currently offline  doublej   United Kingdom
Could you post the solution - for reference ?

i get this error at the last stage of installation.

Warning: opendir(/home/www/doublej.ifreepages.com/FUDforum/thm/default/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/doublej.ifreepages.com/FUDforum/include/compiler.inc on line 607
Cannot open directory "/home/www/doublej.ifreepages.com/FUDforum/thm/default/images"

Installation Complete
You have now completed the basic installation of the forum. To continue configuring your forum, you must login and use the administrator control panel. Clicking "Finished" will take you to the login form. After you login, you will be taken to the administrator control panel.
Before you do, however, you must delete this install.php script, because it can be used to overwrite your forum. You will not be able to login until you do.

i flicked around with permissions but cant get it right
Re: Failing to install images [message #20423 is a reply to message #20422] Wed, 13 October 2004 15:35 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The solution is to install FUDforum 2.6.7RC2 or if you already began the install process you can run the 2.6.7RC2 upgrade script.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: MySQL errors
Next Topic: Install problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 07:18:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06320 seconds