FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Admin Group Manager - how to clean a mess?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Admin Group Manager - how to clean a mess? [message #21423] Mon, 29 November 2004 21:49 Go to next message
Sebastian_T is currently offline  Sebastian_T   Poland
Hi,

I just checked my forum's Group Manager... What a mess! (see attachment) Wink There are global groups (registered and anonymous), but also all my sub-forums, twice (it look's like A forum with persmissions Y,N,Y,N, and A forum with permissions (I:Y), (I:N), (I:Y), (I:N) etc.). Why are forums twice? (in "normal" Groups Manager - not Admin - I see those groups as A, and *A). Which of them are "more important"? Can I delete all groups (except Registered and Anonymous) and only add forums (groups) with specific permissions (other then general registered/anonymous)

Best wishes,
Sebastian
  • Attachment: GM.jpg
    (Size: 185.87KB, Downloaded 712 times)

Sebastian
Re: Admin Group Manager - how to clean a mess? [message #21425 is a reply to message #21423] Mon, 29 November 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Any groups you have a forum's delete button are safe to remove.
The ones that don't have a delete button are "main" control groups for the respective forums and MUST be present.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 22:00]

Report message to a moderator

Odp: Re: Admin Group Manager - how to clean a mess? [message #21426 is a reply to message #21425] Mon, 29 November 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian_T is currently offline  Sebastian_T   Poland
Hello, Ilia, thanks for your answer. But another question - why those groups are soooo messed? (we just added some of them, with special permissions).
As I understand, to clean-up everything, I can just delete all of them (except main global) and add only "special"?

Best wishes,

Sebastian
Re: Odp: Re: Admin Group Manager - how to clean a mess? [message #21428 is a reply to message #21426] Mon, 29 November 2004 23:01 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you remove native forum groups you will have issues. The only groups safe to remove are the ones YOU created, those groups have the "delete" link.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: recover from template corruption
Next Topic: forum group howto
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 03:27:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03127 seconds