FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Allow Anonymous post (flood error)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21681] Thu, 09 December 2004 22:40 Go to next message
ubudesign is currently offline  ubudesign   United States
Hello, I try to allow anonymous posting changing each forums permission which worked fine as long as allowing the user to get to the message post form. but when you submit the form it hangs for a long time and page is not redirected. than when you go to the form the messages it listed there.

The only thing I can think of is that when I went to admin part I see the Anonymous user under unconfirmed and I confirmed it. could that have cased this problem? Also I deleted the user and re create it but still had this problem...

anyway how can I have anonymous posting can I delete the user and follow a step-by step instrunction here

you can test this error by going to
http://www.planetdvd.net/board

Thank you
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21682 is a reply to message #21681] Fri, 10 December 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum are you running?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21684 is a reply to message #21682] Fri, 10 December 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its version v2.6.8

when a user is logged in everything is fine. only when its ann user the form hangs. but the message gets created anyway
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21686 is a reply to message #21684] Fri, 10 December 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I have not seen this error on this forum or my development forum both of which have forums that allow anonymous posting.

I'd need admin access to the board in question to further investigate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21698 is a reply to message #21686] Sat, 11 December 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I send you a pm.

Thank you
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21706 is a reply to message #21698] Sat, 11 December 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Problem found and fixed in CVS and I've applied a fix to your forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Allow Anonymous post (flood error) [message #21707 is a reply to message #21706] Sat, 11 December 2004 22:15 Go to previous message
Thank you so much for all your help. you are great!

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Supress Full Name
Next Topic: Marking email addresses as validated
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:47:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02882 seconds