FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » adding new functionality
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
adding new functionality [message #22846] Fri, 18 February 2005 15:09 Go to next message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   Belize
Hi,
I am trying to add an extra functionality to allow certain privilaged users to be able to rate a message. I need to do a form submission to update certain fields when the submit button is clicked. I was looking at the rate thread form >
"<form action="index.php?t=ratethread>"
As I studied the code I noticed that t=ratethread, means that ratethread.php is called.
Am I correct?

Well At first i was playing with the cases in init_usr function but then i noticed that that was for the pathinfo type urls and i am playing with the default.
I did no find any "special" checks on the variable $t for default url style and so i assume that ratethred.php is called as soon as it is pased through the url and so in my addtion I did a
<form action =index.php?t=ratepost>
but this does not seem to work. Any help please....
Smile
best regards,
Dennis

Re: adding new functionality [message #22856 is a reply to message #22846] Fri, 18 February 2005 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You don't need to hack the code for this.

There is a group permission settings "Rate topics" that can be used to control the ability of users to rate topics.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: adding new functionality [message #22865 is a reply to message #22846] Fri, 18 February 2005 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   United States
Hi
I am aware of the forum's in built topic rating functions.

I am trying to hack the code to allow certain privilaged users to be able to rate individual "posts" not topics. Smile

I want to try and call my functions from a file called ratepost.php.
I noticed that to rate a topic you pass t=ratethread to the index.php through the form and so i tried to set t=ratepost in the
forms action, ie. <form action="index.php?t=ratepost"> but it did not work
Please help.
thanks

regards
Dennis
Re: adding new functionality [message #22867 is a reply to message #22865] Fri, 18 February 2005 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The .php are all generated and need to exist (and be readable) for the forum to be able to access them via ?t=name_of_file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: adding new functionality [message #22916 is a reply to message #22846] Mon, 21 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   United States
Thanks Illia,

I spent an entire evening trying to figure out why the t=ratepost would not call ratepost.php even though it was world readable.

Well I fugured out that for some reason the ratepost.php had to be owned by the web server.

At first I had it owned by a user with perms of 644 Wink. I then changed it to belong to the web server and everything worked like a charm Smile
thanks again,
regards
Dennis
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to create new sub-forum visible only to mods?..
Next Topic: Downloads for registered users only?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 07:28:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02662 seconds