FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23121] Sat, 05 March 2005 13:10 Go to next message
likesthisforum   United States
I get this error in FUDForum 2.6.11 when I did a test install then tried to uninstall the test install.
"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/me/public_html/tmp/uninstall_safe.php on line 52"

Interestingly, installing the forum itself doesn't have this error, only uninstallation. I can also make forum data dumps and restore the data dumps without ever reaching the maximum execution time, yet every uninstall attempt results in it hitting the max execution time of 30 seconds on my hoster.

My hoster is using php 4.3.10, mysql 4.0.22, apache 1.3.33 and safe mode is on in their PHP.

Any ideas?
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23126 is a reply to message #23121] Sat, 05 March 2005 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unusual error, that line is a call to a PHP function glob(), can you try to edit the script and put echo $v . "<br />\n"; above that line.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23128 is a reply to message #23126] Sat, 05 March 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I added that and got:
/home/me/public_html/test (the directory where I installed the test forum on my hoster) output over and over and over... until I got the error "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/me/public_html/tmp/uninstall_safe.php on line 53"
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23129 is a reply to message #23128] Sat, 05 March 2005 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I believe the following patch should fix the problem:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3401

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23146 is a reply to message #23129] Sun, 06 March 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm. I tried applying that patch and doing the uninstall of my test forum and it still says maximum execution time exceeded with that patch. I applied the patch by hand to uninstall.php so it now looks like this (with the old lines commented out):

(Starting at line 97)
        /* remove files on disk */
//      fud_rmdir($SERVER_DATA_ROOT);
        fud_rmdir($SERVER_DATA_ROOT.'/');
        if ($SERVER_ROOT != $SERVER_DATA_ROOT && $SERVER_ROOT) {
//          fud_rmdir($SERVER_ROOT);
            fud_rmdir($SERVER_ROOT.'/');
        }

It outputs:
"/home/me/public_html/test" (the dir where I installed my forum) over and over and over as usual until I get the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/me/public_html/tmp/uninstall_safe.php on line 57.
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23149 is a reply to message #23146] Sun, 06 March 2005 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
How about the following patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3402

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Maximum execution time exceeded when uninstalling? [message #23152 is a reply to message #23149] Sun, 06 March 2005 19:49 Go to previous message
"FUDforum installed in "/home/me/public_html/test" has been successfully uninstalled"

The second patch worked! Smile Thanks!

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2005 19:51]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how to replace the faq link with a link to my free software faq ? :)
Next Topic: need history help
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:16:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02206 seconds