FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » urgent, lost the files under forum directory :(
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
urgent, lost the files under forum directory :( [message #23219] Wed, 09 March 2005 08:29 Go to next message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

I haven't searched the forum yet (but sure I'll do), 'cause I'm in a bit hurry. Any help (including any references to possible previous discussions about this) will be greatly appreciated.

I lost the browsable forum files (I currently don't know the reason), but those that are not browsable (FUDForum dir) and the database seem to be untouched.

Will it be ok if I do a "upgrade" (We were using 2.6.Cool or how can I restore the forum, if I can at all?

thanks and cya,
tiu

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
fatal error: sql error... [message #23221 is a reply to message #23219] Wed, 09 March 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a copy of the files, and now I get:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/one9org/public_www/forum/index.php on line 59

sql_errors gives:

(/home/one9org/public_www/forum/index.php:246<br />
/home/one9org/public_www/forum/index.php:337<br />
/home/one9org/public_www/forum/index.php:957<br />
/home/one9org/public_www/forum/index.php:1126<br />
) 1146: Table 'one9org_fud.fud2_ses' doesn't exist<br />
Query: INSERT INTO fud2_ses (ses_id, time_sec, sys_id, user_id) VALUES ('4feb16281fcf951c51e5c749e0cc17a3', 1110363052, 'a357f41898b655e549227aa4374ebf43', 2005231820)<br />
Server Version: 4.0.23-standard<br />
[Referring Page] http://19.org/?tr<br />

But fud2_ses does exist, although I emptied it, a try upon some of the messages I saw in the forum.

{Edit}
Upon checking with command line mysql util, I noticed that really some of the tables don't show up, so it seems there are some (configuration?) problems with the hosting.

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 11:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: fatal error: sql error... [message #23223 is a reply to message #23221] Wed, 09 March 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If some tables do not exist it looks like your hoster has somehow 'lost' them. The upgrade script can be used to re-create them, but the data that was in those tables would be lost.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fatal error: sql error... [message #23226 is a reply to message #23223] Wed, 09 March 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange problem.

I can access the tables and the data using their phpMyAdmin. But fudforum says 'no fud2_ses', and i can see no tables (alphabetically) after fud2_index using mysql command line. All the tables, again alphabetically before and including fud2_index is accesible through mysql client with the command 'show tables;'.

Hosting guys said the database seems to be corrupt, so is the one in their backups, and asked me if I had any backups.

Well, I can take a backup using the phpMyAdmin NOW, because, for example I can see the data in fud2_users Smile Actually I emptied fud2_ses using phpMyAdmin interface, it contained data, fud2_users contains data, all tables have their data in place, accessible through phpMyAdmin, but not accessible through the very own client of MySQL (and fudforum).

No, there must be something wrong with either permissions, installation of MySQL or just some configuration. I mean phpMyAdmin doesn't skip MySQL server and use "direct access" methods when accessing data, does it ? Laughing

I'll try (as a last action), installing a fresh copy of fudforum, and importing tables one-by-one Rolling Eyes

But before it, I'll take a look at mysql forums, because I guess the hosting guys' only way of solution is 'restoring from backups' Rolling Eyes

Re: fatal error: sql error... [message #23231 is a reply to message #23226] Wed, 09 March 2005 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
try doing REPAIR [table_name] on the "missing" tables.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fatal error: sql error... [message #23323 is a reply to message #23231] Sat, 12 March 2005 13:33 Go to previous message
Hi Ilia,

Interesting, they did something and phpMyAdmin began showing the half of the database too.

Fortunately, I took a backup of db before they did what they did.

I inserted that backup into my MySQL, copied the forum files from the server to my server, changed GLOBALS.php to adjust directories, and voila! Currently, I have one running copy of the forum with no messages lost except the last 5 messages, which I guess were posted when the problem first appeared.

Currently, it's simply moving the forum from one server to another using FUDforum's own data dump, which we did in the past once with no serious problems. But first, we must find a working database server Smile

Quote:

try doing REPAIR [table_name] on the "missing" tables.

I tried doing that when the phpMyAdmin showed good copy of the db, but didn't work. I guess it operated on a different db server. I create a db using mysqladmin and it doesn't show up in phpMyAdmin/cpanel and vice versa.

I decide to no longer wait for them, and began searching for a new hosting company. And if you don't mind, let me tell that they're bluehost.com, so that people can avoid signing up with them nowadays.

Oh, and thanks for your help. You helped more than the sys.admins of the hoster.

cya,
tiu

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Undeleting deleted threads
Next Topic: Issue with rdf.php and rdf_parser.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:28:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02798 seconds