FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian]
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24612] Fri, 06 May 2005 20:04 Go to next message
hapco is currently offline  hapco   Canada
Hi Ilia,

[This is my first post on this site - just starting to take a more serious look at FUDForum. Sorry for being late Wink].

I applied the language - Romanian - and I get this error when trying to post a new topic or reply to an existing topic:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/departe/public_html/forums/theme/aproape/post.php on line 3478

Templates have been regenerated, consistency check has run and the SQL optimizer also completed.

The Forum is configured to not use URL sessions. PATH_INFO is enabled [Apache with mod_rewrite is used].

The URL for [new topic] in Romanian [target] looks like:

www.domain.com/index.php/r/frm_id/1/2/

The URL for [new topic] in English [target] looks like:

www.domain.com/index.php?t=post&frm_id=1&rid=2

Please advise.. thanks! Smile

Hapco

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 20:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24613 is a reply to message #24612] Fri, 06 May 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I suspect the translation may have a bug in it, which cause the bad files to be generated. If you send me the Romanian msg file I may be able to tell where the problem lays

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24618 is a reply to message #24613] Fri, 06 May 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

The Romanian message file is attached.

[btw.. I noticed it is incomplete - hopefully I will be able to finish those remaining records this weekend - we'll see].

Hapco
  • Attachment: msg.zip
    (Size: 17.01KB, Downloaded 894 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 23:19]

Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24621 is a reply to message #24613] Sat, 07 May 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good morning Ilia,

I have finished to correct all the errors in Romanian plus the translations at the end of the [msg] file.

Please use this version as the most updated one.. I feel like some words could suffer a change or two and I will review the entire list very soon.

Thanks,
Hapco
  • Attachment: msg.zip
    (Size: 16.92KB, Downloaded 918 times)
icon14.gif  Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24627 is a reply to message #24612] Sat, 07 May 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good morning Ilia,

For probably unknown [yet] reasons - I just went into trying to find/fix the problem myself this morning and found some discrepancies between post.php that is generated for [default] [English] and [aproape][in my case, Romanian] theme files.

Lines 3341 and 3343 I found [so far] to differ in that respect. In [English] they show the mentioned ?t= style while in [Romanian] the 'nicer' /t/0/.. is used.

Thought it might help you..

Meanwhile - more digging underway.

Here and there,
Hapco aka iN2iTiON

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 12:19]

icon4.gif  Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24628 is a reply to message #24612] Sat, 07 May 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good morning Ilia,

More updates - I have found that the include file [drawmsg.inc] from /home_directory/FUDforum/include/theme/default [the English theme] and /home_directory/FUDforum/include/theme/aproape [the Romanian theme] are different and it seems to be the reason for these errors.

Now - considering I have turned [ON] the PATH_INFO style URLs - this seems to have triggered the file differences. I am going to write one more topic on a related bug for PATH_INFO.

Also, the /home_directory/FUDforum/include/theme/ files [no specific theme, just the root of the theme directory] has all the .inc files with the comments/text in Romanian, even though I switched the default language back to [default] and even [ita].

Any thoughts why those files would be there?

Here some more,
Hapco aka iN2iTiON

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 13:03]

Re: Errors on [New topic] and [Reply] functions when using [Romanian] [message #24632 is a reply to message #24628] Sat, 07 May 2005 15:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The translation has a few problems with un-escaped or unencoded single quotes, which is why there were parser error in some files. I've fixed those and applied the updated translation to CVS.

You can find the patch or the full version here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3527

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PATH_INFO switching
Next Topic: uninstall.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:43:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06099 seconds