FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Anonymous user cannot post anything
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24811] Mon, 16 May 2005 11:06 Go to next message
akie is currently offline  akie   Russian Federation

Hello, Ilia!

I try to allow anonymous user to create new topics and answer to existing topics. I changed the settings of 'Global Anonymous Access, switched corresponding params to 'Yes'.

But unregistered user still cannot post messages... What else should I do?

System Configuration:
PHP built On: Linux ******* 2.4.21-27.EL #1 Wed Dec 1 22:08:15 EST 2004 i686
Database Version: PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-47)
PHP Version: 5.0.4
Web Server: Apache/1.3.3x
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Forum Version: 2.6.12
Relavent PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: No
Disabled Functions: none
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24817 is a reply to message #24811] Mon, 16 May 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am guessing you've used the wrong group manager to grant those permissions. The

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24820 is a reply to message #24817] Mon, 16 May 2005 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The?
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24821 is a reply to message #24820] Mon, 16 May 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well there is one inside the admin control panel, which is not intended for permissions controls but rather permissions for group leaders. Indicating what permissions they can alter for the groups they manage, and there is also a user-land group manager linked to from the front page for editing the actual permissions. The latter is the one you want.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24823 is a reply to message #24821] Mon, 16 May 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you for your reply

However I still have this problem open for me.

I found the admin page you mentioned. But I do not see anything like 'allow create new topics' there. There are following items on the page:
γΙΤΑΤΑ:

Forum Administrator: N [Toggle]
Blocked (banned): No [Toggle]
Email Confirmation: No [Toggle]
Can use signature: Yes [Toggle]
Can use private messaging: Yes [Toggle]
Moderating Forums: None
..etc.

But this is not that I'm looking for...

So, resume:
I have anonymous user account named 'guest' (and in global settings I have option 'Anonymous Username' set to 'guest') if ID=1, options 'Create new topics' and 'Reply to messages' for the group 'Global Anonymous Access' are ON. And I do not see similar options on the 'Edit User' page Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24826 is a reply to message #24823] Mon, 16 May 2005 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Wrong admin page, you need the group manager linked to from the forum's front page, not admin main page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24849 is a reply to message #24826] Tue, 17 May 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry for my stupidity.

I still cannot understand how to allow unregistered user to post anything.

I open the page 'Admin Group Manager: Add/Edit groups or group leaders'. There I see the table with groups. Among them I see the group 'Global Anonymous Access', that has coresponding rights. But it has no leaders and I cannot include anonymous account (that names as 'guest' in my forum instance) as the leader of this group: there is not 'Manage Leaders' button in the corresponding row...

Please, describe necessary steps to make what I need or provide me with FAQ link. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #24850 is a reply to message #24849] Tue, 17 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes!!! I've got it!
Link 'user-land group manager'...

Thanks.
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #33264 is a reply to message #24811] Tue, 22 August 2006 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woody is currently offline  woody   Switzerland
I seam to have run into exactly the same problem.

I have found the 'Groupmanager' on the Start Site and the other one in the Admin Config. Neither of which allowes me to specify a forum in which anonymous users can create posts.

Please help.

-Benoit-
Re: Anonymous user cannot post anything [message #33265 is a reply to message #33264] Tue, 22 August 2006 18:27 Go to previous message
woody is currently offline  woody   Switzerland
Well well, for the next one that runs into the same problem...

When you're in the Group-Admin for the main site, select a group, and then try scrolling down. There it is.

Sounds stupid, but I've been trying to add the anonymous user for about half a hour now instead of noticing that it was already member and I just had to change it's rights...

-Benoit-
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Automatic Editing To Remove Redundant Info
Next Topic: Multi Language Support?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:34:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02058 seconds