FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Access only for registed users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Access only for registed users [message #25164] Sun, 29 May 2005 16:29 Go to next message
ryana is currently offline  ryana   Sweden
Hi,
How can I make the site accessable only for registered users?
This is the site:

http://www.a2ztips.com/

Thanks,
Ryan

So the signature text comes here right?
Re: Access only for registed users [message #25169 is a reply to message #25164] Sun, 29 May 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Create a new group that controls access to ALL the forums with all anon & all reg mask and then remove all priveleges from the "all anon" user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Access only for registed users [message #25171 is a reply to message #25164] Sun, 29 May 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thanks for replying.

Sounds good, but how do I do that and what about the existing users? how do I move them?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Access only for registed users [message #25172 is a reply to message #25171] Sun, 29 May 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You don't need to do anything about existing users, the extra group will ONLY be used to remove access for anon users.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Access only for registed users [message #25173 is a reply to message #25164] Sun, 29 May 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Thanks for replying.

The problem is, when I do that, the links to read the messages too disappear which wont really attract new people...

I wanted it so that the links will be there but if someone clicks the link, it asks them to login...is that possible?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Access only for registed users [message #25195 is a reply to message #25173] Tue, 31 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can leave the "view" permission which would still make the front page visible but disable the "read" permission, which will prevent the actual reading of messages.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Access only for registed users [message #25209 is a reply to message #25195] Tue, 31 May 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, will try that.

Re: Access only for registed users [message #25210 is a reply to message #25209] Tue, 31 May 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,
I had already done that, I set Visible to yes and Read to no,
but then as you can see by going to http://a2ztips.com
only the heading is clickable but the categories under the heading is not clickable...
The site is for my mom and is used mostly by women with little or no computer knowledge and even though i put a "new users start here" with instructions...I have rec'd a few mails telling me they are having problems understanding it Sad

Plz help.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Access only for registed users [message #25214 is a reply to message #25210] Tue, 31 May 2005 15:38 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
That's what this setting does. If you disallow reading of messages you also disallow viewing of the topic list for that forum(s).

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Placing an ACTIVE HTML LINK on main Forum page
Next Topic: modify index.tmpl template
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:45:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.17613 seconds