FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Mailing List Mangager Seperate Forum for each mailing list?? Why
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailing List Mangager Seperate Forum for each mailing list?? Why [message #25246] Wed, 01 June 2005 19:22 Go to next message
cpoetzel is currently offline  cpoetzel   United States
Okay,
so i am setting up some mailing lists <-> forum integration.
here is what i have

XXX-admins(at)blah(dot)com
XXX-admins-discuss(at)blah(dot)com

the first list is meant for announcements and other significant posts.
the discuss list is meant for general discussions and responses to the posts in the first list.

If an email is sent to xxx-admins(at)blah(dot)com, replys to this email go tto xxx-admins-discuss(at)blah(dot)com.

If possible i would like to combine these lists into one forum. i know that is says on the mailing list manager page,

Forum:
Messages imported from the mailing list will be imported into this forum. It is **highly recommeded** that you setup a seperate forum for each mailing list.

my thought was to set up the mailing list xxx-admins-discuss(at)blah(dot)com and tie it to a forum caled xxx-admins.
so i would have the procmail rule like

* ^TO_.*xxx-admins-discuss(at)blah(dot)com
|/xxx/maillist.php 3

if i added another rule like

* ^TO_.*xxx-admins(at)blah(dot)com
|/xxx/maillist.php 3

then both emails to xxx-admins-discuss(at)blah(dot)com and xxx-admins(at)blah(dot)com would go to the forum xxx-admins.
does this logic seem feasable. if it can't be done i can just set up each list to a seperate forum.

thanks,
chris poetzel
Re: Mailing List Mangager Seperate Forum for each mailing list?? Why [message #25250 is a reply to message #25246] Wed, 01 June 2005 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The code flow you propose is perfectly feasible, if you wanted you could import data from 100 lists into a single forum. It's just that most people prefer to have 1 forum per mailing list, so their content is clearly identifiable.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mailing List Mangager Seperate Forum for each mailing list?? Why [message #25251 is a reply to message #25250] Wed, 01 June 2005 19:49 Go to previous message
cpoetzel is currently offline  cpoetzel   United States
i'll run with it then. thanks for the sanity check.
chris poetzel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Table fud2613_themes field theme_opt
Next Topic: email as login
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 17:54:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04865 seconds