FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » does a database schema of fudforum exist ?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25896] Fri, 24 June 2005 11:45 Go to next message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
Hello,

I'm looking for a database schema of the fudforum database.
Something which looks like http://www.naviworld.com/document/NaviTools_ER_Navision/NaviToolsER%20DBDes igner%20Business%20Analytics%20v1.0.png

That would be great if you have this (it's done by using the great free (open source) software DBDesigner).

Thank you for answer
Matthieu
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25900 is a reply to message #25896] Fri, 24 June 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The SQL structure defention can be found inside the sql/ directory, but there are not pretty charts. That said column that associate tables have fairly descriptive names, so this is not a big issue.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25912 is a reply to message #25900] Fri, 24 June 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thank you
2 questions :
- i can't access the files in /sql/ directory because of chmod too restrictive. What can I do ?

- on http://www.phpmyvisites.net/forums/ there's a big issue : the table _ses has been destroyed, I don't know how.

"Erreur

requête SQL:

SHOW KEYS FROM `forumsfud_ses` ;

MySQL a répondu:Documentation
#1016 - Can't open file: 'forumsfud_ses.MYD'. (errno: 145) "

What can I do to create this table ? Because I can't find its definition somewhere ?

Thanks for help
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25913 is a reply to message #25912] Fri, 24 June 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can access the schema from web cvs, you can also trying using the REPAIR command to fix the table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25924 is a reply to message #25913] Fri, 24 June 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH ilia, for this very quick and efficient answer Smile

http://www.phpmyvisites.net/forums/

it works great Smile

But WHY did this table break ? The error message was clearly that the file .myi wasn't found... incredible isn't it ? (it was the only table to be broke).

What usage is this table for ?
Thanks
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25925 is a reply to message #25900] Fri, 24 June 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 15:15

The SQL structure defention can be found inside the sql/ directory, but there are not pretty charts. That said column that associate tables have fairly descriptive names, so this is not a big issue.

well this is not a *big* issue but I think this is an issue, for someone who whants to have a quick overview of the dabatase working.

This would be just very fast for us understand the working of all these tables Smile

Thank you for considering this advice Wink
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #25926 is a reply to message #25924] Fri, 24 June 2005 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sometimes MySQL due to an unclead shutdown or a process crash corrupts a table, if the "crash" occurs while a write operation in happening in many cases you get table corruption.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #27622 is a reply to message #25896] Fri, 16 September 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cstdenis is currently offline  cstdenis   Canada
Visio has a "reverse engineer" feature you can use if you create an odbc link to the database.
Re: does a database schema of fudforum exist ? [message #27628 is a reply to message #27622] Sat, 17 September 2005 17:19 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
YEah look inside the sql/ directory and *.tbl files.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Question on FUDForum capacity....
Next Topic: Unlimited PM's Stored
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:40:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02753 seconds