FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » I have an error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: I have an error [message #26511 is a reply to message #26495] Sat, 23 July 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Ilia wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 14:24

Well the error is permissions related, so the fix would involve changing the permissions of the affected file to allow the web server to read/write to it.

I am also having problems with file permissions, in V2.6.15. I ran into the posting problem yesterday which is described in the first post. This is on a new forum which had only been up for a day, less than 100 posts on it. Just to get the forum back up I ran a chmod 777 for all the files.

Then, figuring that something had happened to my permissions, I ran a clean install of a test forum. After I changed the permissions of the sub-directories in my production forum's Data Root directory to match the permissions of the clean install (711), I got fopen() errors for the cache subdirectory when I tried to change the name of one of the forums. The forum name was changed in the admin list but not in the home page display.

I was able to fix the problem by changing the permissions on cache to 733.

What relationship should a user and/or admin of the forum have with relation to the (linux) file permissions? At this point it seems that we must be "world".

Also, is there a list somewhere of what the file permissions normally are for a FUDforum on a linux system?

Thanks,
Astoria
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Redundant Code?
Next Topic: Question on FUDForum capacity....
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 08:21:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05733 seconds