FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » difference avatar image/trombi/idea for recommended letters  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  difference avatar image/trombi/idea for recommended letters [message #26592] Thu, 28 July 2005 14:01 Go to next message
janis is currently offline  janis   France
Hi all

I have 3 questions

First what's the difference between image and avatar in the profile user? How come we can't upload any image from the location created for. we can only type letters in ? see print screen attached

Have you an idea to give me for creating a trombinoscope linked with the forum? a trombi is a suite of photos of the employees

Do you think the forum is a good tool to register all the recommended letters received by the society where I Work ? We want to collect them in one place by scanning & uploading them and some want to be alerted by their arrival & departure => the automatic mail is a good way no? Or do you recommend another tool in the egroupware? like infolog

thanks a lot Very Happy

janis from paris

Re: difference avatar image/trombi/idea for recommended letters [message #26595 is a reply to message #26592] Thu, 28 July 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
janis wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 10:01

First what's the difference between image and avatar in the profile user? How come we can't upload any image from the location created for.

Avatar is an image that will be displayed beside each post the user makes, user image is a link to an image of user's choice that will be shown on their profile page. This for example can be their big photo.

Quote:

Have you an idea to give me for creating a trombinoscope linked with the forum? a trombi is a suite of photos of the employees

Take a look at fudforum API and single sign-on code found inside the scripts/ directory.

Quote:

Do you think the forum is a good tool to register all the recommended letters received by the society where I Work ? We want to collect them in one place by scanning & uploading them and some want to be alerted by their arrival & departure => the automatic mail is a good way no? Or do you recommend another tool in the egroupware? like infolog

I think the forum could work well with that given that it can do e-mail notifications and provide RSS feeds based on forums or even topics to those interested.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: difference avatar image/trombi/idea for recommended letters [message #26676 is a reply to message #26595] Mon, 01 August 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janis is currently offline  janis   France
thank you for your answer.

what are RRS feeds based on forums?
for the image related to an user profile, do we need to type the location URL??
thanks

Janis
Re: difference avatar image/trombi/idea for recommended letters [message #26677 is a reply to message #26676] Mon, 01 August 2005 14:17 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Read the FAQ for the details on the RSS feeds that are available.
As far the image in the profile, the expected value is a URL to the image.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Smileys wrapping in msg-posting window
Next Topic: Late night anonymous users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:25:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07433 seconds