FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to turn off posts counting in subforum?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26924] Sun, 21 August 2005 16:26 Go to next message
wariat is currently offline  wariat   Poland

Hello!

I want to ask if it is possible (and how), or maby not possible but on todo list to turn off posts counting in subforum.

I mean to have e.g.

FUD-forum
- Forum One
- Forum Two
- Forum OffTopic
- Forum Tests

and I want to turn off posts counting in OffTopic and Tests, but still counting messages in Forum One and Two.

Is it possible?

Re: How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26931 is a reply to message #26924] Mon, 22 August 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You cannot turn of post counting without editing the code of the forum. You can however stop displaying of that information via a trivial template modification.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26933 is a reply to message #26924] Mon, 22 August 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

changing the tempalte will not work this way, I want to not count posts only in one group of subforums (OffTopic), and still counting it in other subforums.
Is it possible to do that by modificatopn of PHP files? I can try, anyway it is not good idea, because i will have to do the same every time i'll upgrade the FUD forum code.

Maby this feature (turning off post count for specified SubForums) can be added to ToDo list?

Re: How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26935 is a reply to message #26933] Mon, 22 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, there is a bit of a misunderstanding here I think. FUDforum does not support subForums, you can only have categories, sub-categories, sub-sub-categories, and so on and finally forums.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26937 is a reply to message #26924] Mon, 22 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

subForum, subcategory ... for user it is working the same ...

Ok this forum (fudforum.org/forum/) can be the example. What if You want to count posts on every forum in every category, but dont want to count posts in General/Test Forum/ ? I understand that it is not possible now, but is it possible to add it to ToDo List?

Re: How to turn off posts counting in subforum? [message #26938 is a reply to message #26937] Mon, 22 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
No plans to add that do the to do, if you don't want to count to show up for a particular category you can simply this inside the template

{IF: $r[5] != 123}show count{ENDIFI}

The $r[5] var contains the category id and the 123 is presumably the id of the category for which you don't want to display counts.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems with Ban feature
Next Topic: Forum gone after privilege modification
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:17:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02136 seconds