FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Bug in Polls
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Bug in Polls [message #27038] Thu, 25 August 2005 03:40 Go to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
I just upgraded to 2.7.1 and I am having a similar problem to one of the threads in here.

I created a poll in a new thread with two options. However, when a new vote is cast, it appears as an unnamed third option. When I run consistency checker, the vote re-appears in the correct spot. But of course I don't want to do this each time a vote is cast. Razz

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27039 is a reply to message #27038] Thu, 25 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, there is nothing in the error log or event log.
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27040 is a reply to message #27039] Thu, 25 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is fixed in CVS, check previous bug report for the same problem. It includes a fix.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27042 is a reply to message #27038] Thu, 25 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I replaced the th_adm.inc.t file and rebuilt the theme. The poll was there, then disappeared (perhaps a vote was cast). I ran consistency checker and the poll came back. The main topic listing says "Poll:" next to the thread title, and the "Show Polls" link correctly identifies a poll present in the thread.

I deleted the poll and re-created it, and now it doesn't appear at all. Running consistency checker made the poll appear. Voting in the poll makes the response show up as unnamed again:

1.	No	 0 / 0%
2.	Yes	0 / 0%
3.		1 / 100%

Consistency checker always moves the vote up where it should be, but new votes always appear as the invisible option.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 03:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug in Polls [message #27044 is a reply to message #27042] Thu, 25 August 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I ment the last polls bug.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27218 is a reply to message #27044] Tue, 30 August 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remek is currently offline  remek   Poland
Hi,
I have had the problem mentioned in this thread, so I applied patch, ran forum consistency and rebuilded theme. Now, I noticed that every pools are correct (without additional option). Unfortunately when I create new poll I don't see it. I have to run forum consistency to see new poll. Any idea?

Best regards
Remek
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27221 is a reply to message #27218] Tue, 30 August 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to rebuild the theme after applying the patch or better yet upgrade to 2.7.2

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27230 is a reply to message #27221] Tue, 30 August 2005 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia,
Yes I know that. I applied patch, next forum consistency and next rebuilded theme. Unfortunately, today I had another problem with poll. When I was submitted post with poll I received such error:

I think it is probably MySQL problem, however I wonder if you have any solution for such situation.

Best regards
Remek

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2006 21:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug in Polls [message #27231 is a reply to message #27230] Tue, 30 August 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The solution is to run the following query:
REPAIR TABLE fud_msg

The error you saw is a MySQL error.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27233 is a reply to message #27231] Tue, 30 August 2005 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for solution. I have done it immediately after crash. Now forum works fine.

Best regards
Remek
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27251 is a reply to message #27038] Thu, 01 September 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I upgraded to 2.7.2 and I am still having a lot of problems with polls. When I upgraded, parts of my template reverted back to a previous change and I had to recreate my header.tmpl file. That's no big deal.

However, polls are broken in a different way now. When I vote on a poll, my response doesn't show up at all. If I do a consistency check and go back to the poll, it asks for my vote as if I hadn't voted yet. When I look at the database, there are no responses for that poll_id in the fud_poll_opt_track table. There is nothing in the error log.

I suspect that there's some update I need to apply to my custom template... not sure. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27260 is a reply to message #27251] Thu, 01 September 2005 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Strange, as you can tell from this forum polls appear to be working fine, do you have any source modifications to your forum?
It looks like serialized data is getting escaped twice.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug in Polls [message #27271 is a reply to message #27038] Thu, 01 September 2005 22:00 Go to previous message
Ah, you are right... I had manually applied a fix to th_adm.inc.t per one of your threads. I replaced it with the 1.34 from your CVS. The old polls I had created during the problem didn't work but new polls do, so I guess I can consider this fixed. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PostgreSQL problems in Admin Console
Next Topic: Can't view topic name in EGW
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 05:20:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02216 seconds