FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Editing forum_rules
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Editing forum_rules [message #27312] Sun, 04 September 2005 01:44
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
For some reason, I've always had a problem editing forum_rules (in pre-reg.tmpl) using the Message Editor. It's basically the sign-up agreement to which one agrees when registering. Sometimes I can add or replace text in it just fine, other times it will blank out that page. Today, after installing the latest upgrade, I simply copied & pasted what I had there before (it reverts to the default after an upgrade) and it killed the entire forum.

My solution was to use <iframe> to call a separate html document which contains the sign-up agreement. Now, my forum_rules message consists only of:

<center><iframe src="http://www.hummernetwork.com/forumsua.html" height="50%" width="80%" scrolling="yes" align="middle" frameborder="0" name="left"></iframe></center><p>

Just make it all one line with no carriage returns. Now I can edit the sign-up agreement easily, any time I want, without having to actually edit forum_rules with the Message Editor.

Feel free to borrow from my sign-up agreement if you like. It's evolved over a few years to cover my butt in just about any kind of situation. Some parts are intentionally broad in scope so they can be applied to unforeseen problems.
[Message index]

Read Message
Previous Topic: Making FUDForum quotes like email type quotes
Next Topic: Mass change for message subjects on a thread?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:27:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05954 seconds