FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » General Settings/Default topic view
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
General Settings/Default topic view [message #28120] Tue, 11 October 2005 20:42 Go to next message
maniki is currently offline  maniki   Greece
i installed the latest FUDforum and i imported my data from phpbb2
I really like the three view mode of messages so i ve set the default topic view to Flat thread/tree messages but still i have to click to tree view button in order to see the replies of the topic in a tree. Why is that ?
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28123 is a reply to message #28120] Tue, 11 October 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you choose tree view in your profile?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28135 is a reply to message #28123] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well no, each user has to do that ? and if yes check the http://forums.irc.gr they have it by default. How did they do it ?
i mean even for non registers users it is like that. ANy ideas ?
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28137 is a reply to message #28135] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Each existing user has to do it, for new users the default setting you've set in the admin control panel will be pre-selected by default. Anonymous users will also use the admin pre-set default.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28139 is a reply to message #28120] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap. I want this feature Very Happy
I have in my admin panel Flat Threads and Tree messages. But anon and register users view the forum in flat mode :/
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28141 is a reply to message #28139] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Disable the flat mode and then re-enable it...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28187 is a reply to message #28120] Thu, 13 October 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in global settings i can enable and disable only the tree view. where can i find the flat view disable ?
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28189 is a reply to message #28120] Thu, 13 October 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well something is really strange here. I unistalled the forum and i installed the version RC2 and the same thing applies there... I cant have the tree view ...
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28199 is a reply to message #28189] Thu, 13 October 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What do you mean you cannot? If you change inside your profile the view to threaded it'll use that view by default, there is nothing to it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28200 is a reply to message #28120] Thu, 13 October 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know why you dont understand what i mean.
I clearly ask If there is a way anonymous and registered users WITHOUT touching something to view the forum messages in tree view.
If not what is the point of setting a default view if you have to set something in the user's profile ?
Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28202 is a reply to message #28200] Thu, 13 October 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Changing the default setting will:

Change the value for anymous users.
Set the pre-set default for newly registering users.

It WILL NOT change the settings of already registered forum members.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28699 is a reply to message #28202] Sat, 05 November 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ambitionen is currently offline  ambitionen   Germany
I have the same problem.

The users should see

* flat threads (topics)
* threaded/Tree messages

The admin C.P. is set to this, also the Forum is configured to the same values. Changed that a couple of times.

Still the anonymous guests see the messages "flat" when entering

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 20:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: General Settings/Default topic view [message #28804 is a reply to message #28699] Fri, 11 November 2005 15:19 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you want to edit the way anon users see the forum here is what you need to do:

Go to the "Moderator/User Manager"
Find the Anonymous user (search for Anon*)
Click on the "Change User's Profile " link
Change the viewing preferences
Enter admin password and click update.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash
Next Topic: Error message when using "Lock/Unlock Forum's Files"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:06:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02890 seconds