FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » All members receive notification of all message board posts?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28345] Wed, 19 October 2005 10:33 Go to next message
prodos is currently offline  prodos   Australia

I would like to ask: Is there a way to configure my FUDForum so that ALL members are "subscribed" to ALL topics and replies to topics?

i.e. So that a member is notified by email whenever ANYTHING whatsoever is posted?

Thank you for any assistance with this.

CelebrateCapitalism.ORG
"Why? Because I own my life!"

phpBB? Invision Power Board? vBulletin?
Yes, all excellent. But The FUD is my favorite! Try it now @ http://FUDForum.org
Re: All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28349 is a reply to message #28345] Wed, 19 October 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, there is no way to subscribe people to a forum by default, you'll need to patch the code for this.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28402 is a reply to message #28349] Sat, 22 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 23:17

No, there is no way to subscribe people to a forum by default, you'll need to patch the code for this.

Thank you for clarifying that.

I wonder if you would mind indicating in broad terms the sort of thing that would need to be done to the FUDForum script to make this occur?

Or perhaps you would indicate what section of the script would need to be altered?

Thank you for your consideration. Smile

CelebrateCapitalism.ORG

Yes, all excellent. But The FUD is my favorite! Try it now @ http://FUDForum.org
Re: All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28410 is a reply to message #28402] Sun, 23 October 2005 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, I suspect you'd need to do this for newly registered users, so the hack would need to be applied to register.php.t script.

As far as subcribing user to a forum, that's simple, use the forum_notify_add() function found inside forum_notify.inc.t

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28537 is a reply to message #28410] Sat, 29 October 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 04:02

As far as subcribing user to a forum, that's simple, use the forum_notify_add() function found inside forum_notify.inc.t

Thanks.

I enter ACP >> Template Management >> Template Editor >> [select template] >> [ + ] forum_notify.tmpl

But this file doesn't open up. In fact it no longer appears in the list of all files.

But if I click again on Template Editor and open the template, the forum_notify.tmpl file appears again.

If I click on it again, it vanishes.

Is this normal? Or is there some bug in my system?

I tried it in both Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and experienced the same problem.

Thanks for any assistance with this matter.

CelebrateCapitalism.ORG

Re: All members receive notification of all message board posts? [message #28542 is a reply to message #28537] Sat, 29 October 2005 23:50 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
This is not a bug, that template seemply happens to be an empty placeholder, so there are no-sub templates to display for editing in it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to translate FUDforum?
Next Topic: Restore older version backup into newer version?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 04:18:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.14392 seconds