FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" ) [message #28612] Tue, 01 November 2005 22:04 Go to next message
confridín is currently offline  confridín   France
I'm french so escuse my English...

I've got a problem with the group manager.

When a Fud Forum is created, a category and a forum are created. There is this problem in two cases:

On the one hand if i change permission to no for anonymous and register, i am able to create a private section, but if i want to change the permission of public forums to yes, i've got a white page when i clic on "update" and there is no change in permission.

On the other hand, if i change permission to yes for anonymous and register, i am able to create a public section easily, but if i want to change the permission of private forums to no, i've got a white page when i clic on "update" and there is no change in permission.

So all that mean that i can't change permissions for forums that inherits from "Global Anonymous Access" and "Global Registered Access". And i can't change inherit options to inherit from no where.

I resolved myself the problem by downloading an older version of "groups_adm.inc" (here. The 1.24 version don't work. The 1.25 don't work either. The 1.23 don't work at all but the 1.22 version seems to be good.

How can i resolve the problem without downloading an older version of this file?
Re: Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" ) [message #28631 is a reply to message #28612] Wed, 02 November 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you explain the problem a bit better, I am not sure if I understand, it also sounds to me like you maybe using the wrong group manager.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" ) [message #28638 is a reply to message #28612] Thu, 03 November 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, when i add a new section or category on my forum, i go on the administratin panel. Then, i clic on Groups Manager (Below "User Management").

In order to create a private section, i changed all the autorization of "Global Registered Acces" and "Global Anonymous Access" to no.

Each new forum created is part of the private section.

But, when i create a forum for the public section, i want to change the authorization from inherit to yes or no. But, when i clic on update, the actual page disappears and i have only a white page. And, of course, there is no modification of the autorizations.

As i said, i doesn't work with the 1.23, 1.24 and 1.25 versions. But the 1.22 version of this file works and i have no more any white page. How can i resolve the problem without using on older version of this file?

Somes screens:

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1331/fudbug016st.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2020/fudbug028uq.th.jpg

Thanks for your help. Wink
Re: Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" ) [message #28649 is a reply to message #28638] Thu, 03 November 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This as I've suspected is a wrong group manager. The control panel you are working on is for creating groups! To assign members to groups you need use the user-land group manager link to is found on the front page of your forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Manager ("groups_adm.inc" ) [message #28657 is a reply to message #28612] Thu, 03 November 2005 19:35 Go to previous message
The other group manager works. Thanks for your help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: register_turing_test: need <pre>
Next Topic: Initiating mysql_connect (v.2.7.3)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 17:06:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02223 seconds