FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Pruning Large Membership Rolls
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28757] Wed, 09 November 2005 23:38 Go to next message
WildGeese is currently offline  WildGeese   United States
Hi -

I have a FudForum with a large number of members and am trying to prune the rolls. Is there a way to determine the last time some logged into the forum so I can identify old accounts?

-WG
Re: Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28780 is a reply to message #28757] Fri, 11 November 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can look at the last_visit field of the user's table, this is a unix timestamp representing the user's more recent visit.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28807 is a reply to message #28780] Fri, 11 November 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 09:42

You can look at the last_visit field of the user's table, this is a unix timestamp representing the user's more recent visit.

I'd do this through the SQL interface on the Unix host, not the forum admin control panel right?
Re: Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28808 is a reply to message #28807] Fri, 11 November 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Correct.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28815 is a reply to message #28780] Fri, 11 November 2005 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 09:42

Is it safe (from the FUDForum perspective) to run a DELETE query against the user's table (with, obviously, and appropriate WHERE clause against the last_visit field)? I just don't want to foul up the forum run by expunging user accounts this way.
Re: Pruning Large Membership Rolls [message #28822 is a reply to message #28815] Fri, 11 November 2005 21:04 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes it is safe, but I recommend running a consistency checker once you perform the delete, also make sure that you do not delete user with an id of 1 or the admin account.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SEO Friendly Mod + Speed issues
Next Topic: Adding or Editing fields in "Required Information" and "Optional Information"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 14:21:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03264 seconds