FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Hard coding a signature
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hard coding a signature [message #23767] Mon, 28 March 2005 16:40 Go to next message
mrock is currently offline  mrock   United States
I am looking for the ability to hard code a signature (tag line) for a specific forum. (particularly a disclaimer for outbound nntp messages). Can someone point me in the right direction of which template or php file would be best to do this?

thx

--Mike
Re: Hard coding a signature [message #23768 is a reply to message #23767] Mon, 28 March 2005 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You don't need to modify the templates. Instead you can create an announcement for the affected forum(s) that will be displayed at the top of the topic list. This can be done by the admin announcement manager that can be found in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hard coding a signature [message #23773 is a reply to message #23768] Mon, 28 March 2005 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrock is currently offline  mrock   United States
But that does not append a tag line or signature at the bottom of each message.

i.e
----
Posted by: www.dsfdsfdsfsdf.com

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2005 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hard coding a signature [message #23777 is a reply to message #23773] Mon, 28 March 2005 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, if you want to append a tag to each message you need to modify the drawmsg.tmpl template file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hard coding a signature [message #29074 is a reply to message #23777] Mon, 28 November 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
viktor is currently offline  viktor   United States
This is no way to add any hardcoded text to the NNTP message via editing drawmsg.tmpl because only contents of msg_body will be posted in nntp.php script by clicking on 'Submit' button. I checked this by posting test messages in several usenet groups. Even the regular signature (which can be added in user control panel) can't be posted to the nntp.php. Any hardcoded texts, which were added like this are appeared in forum only. So what the way to add any hardcoded text to the outgoing NNTP messages?

Re: Hard coding a signature [message #29075 is a reply to message #29074] Mon, 28 November 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
To do this you need to modify the approve() method inside the imsg_edt.inc.t and make it append your signature to the body of the message being sent to NNTP.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hard coding a signature [message #29076 is a reply to message #29075] Mon, 28 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous message
viktor is currently offline  viktor   United States
Thank you Ilia for quick reply, but i'm not so familiar with php Embarassed. Could you please show what exactly i need to change in imsg_edt.inc.t to hardcode some text in nntp message?
Thank you for help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cannot login after enable pathinfo
Next Topic: óÁÊÔ ÒÕÓÓËÏÊ ÐÏÄÄÅÒÖËÉ...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 05:27:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02780 seconds