FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Recommended Gallery add-on's
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29781] Sun, 15 January 2006 11:20 Go to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB   Australia

Hi all,

Love this software; very well made.
I am moving from phpBB to FUDforums. The script to convert has worked great (perhaps due to the fact i an entirely unaltered DB for my phpBB as i had to manually restore it all by hand]

But anyway, my question is, are there any Galleries out there that have pre-built add-on ability to FUDforums ?? Like Coppermine intergrates to several forums with a few line edits.

In other words, what is, if any, the recommended Gallery site to use for easy intergration into FUDforums ??

PS I might just pick the best Gallery software for my needs and try to intergrate the authentication system in FUDforums, but if its already been done; why re-invent the wheel Smile
Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29790 is a reply to message #29781] Mon, 16 January 2006 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use FUDAPI to share auth data between forum & gallery. You can also use it to use the forum as the gallery comment "provider".

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29798 is a reply to message #29781] Mon, 16 January 2006 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanx alot for that. I'll search for FUDAPI and see what i get.

Any recommended reading ??

Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29806 is a reply to message #29781] Tue, 17 January 2006 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So far, no luck in finding out much on this "FUDapi"

Where would one find info on this topic ??
There's seems to be a directory called scripts that you can get info on this "FUDapi" in, but i can't find that in my FUDforum installation.

Also, whats the IRC server for FUDforums now ??
irc.openprojects.net fails to resolve even.
Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29807 is a reply to message #29781] Tue, 17 January 2006 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok found it !!! Smile

I think ....

I found a folder called 'scipts' in the DATA folder. Haven't seen the file yet as the DATA folder has been chmod 744 and owner.grp is apache.apache.

Need to write a php script to chmod that dir.

Is there a reason its a bit 'hush-hush' and so hard to get to ?? Can it be dangerous in the wrong hands ???
Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29813 is a reply to message #29807] Tue, 17 January 2006 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use the file manager to chmod the folder 755. The 744 permissions are the result of your umask settings, has nothing to do with the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Recommended Gallery add-on's [message #29822 is a reply to message #29781] Tue, 17 January 2006 21:02 Go to previous message

it wouldnt let me get to the data directory. It started in the forum directory and hitting .. saw me placed back in that same dir.

Anyway i got it now, using a php file and the chmod command in that. Can't see any direct mention of allowing for external authentication, so i guess you have to sort it out for yourself from the examples.

Thanx

[Updated on: Sun, 22 January 2006 20:15]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Changing Colours Problem
Next Topic: Multiple installations
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 20:13:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02757 seconds