FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Localized Helpfile don't show up
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Localized Helpfile don't show up [message #3000] Fri, 07 June 2002 03:07 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
before I go to bed the following. When I recompile the forum it seems to compile everything but the helpfiles. they stay English unless I explicitly choose German (again). I think the expected result should be that recompiling also includes newly added helpfiles. Should be reproducable with Kerholds Polish version.
good night
Ken
Re: Localized Helpfile don't show up [message #3001 is a reply to message #3000] Fri, 07 June 2002 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Recompiling does not alter the currently installed help files & images. If you go to the language control panel and submit the form there, the help files & i18n images will be re-copied.
I'll look into the strange problem with the help files though.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Localized Helpfile don't show up [message #3002 is a reply to message #3001] Fri, 07 June 2002 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I think it would be a good idea if the helpfiles could be included into the process of recompiling, since else it would mean that changes on them wouldn't become visible. I think that would be more logical (and often the reason for recompiling are updated language files) then the necessity of re-choosing one's language. At least for me this hasn't been the very first thought, but this doesn't have to mean anything at all Wink
bye Ken
Re: Localized Helpfile don't show up [message #3005 is a reply to message #3002] Fri, 07 June 2002 12:05 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
My thinking is rather different on the matter and the names of the links reflect my way of the thinking.
Rebuilding the of the forum is done via the 'Rebuild Templates' link, which as the name suggests rebuilds the forum's templates. It does not affect the i18n images or help because those things are not templates, the template compiler does not need to touch those files, they are used as is. There for, rebuilding of the templates does not and should not do anything with those files.
The language control panel on the other hand allows the alteration of all the i18n data, which includes the i18n images, help files and of course rebuilds the templates.
Ultimately, you should 'Rebuild Templates' as a shortcut step inside the Language Selection.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Hardcoded string in poll
Next Topic: the harder (coded) u get pt II
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 23:23:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02206 seconds