FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » attachments not usable
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
attachments not usable [message #30042] Tue, 31 January 2006 12:26 Go to next message
jacpad is currently offline  jacpad   Germany
hi,

I'm using the forum in verion 2.7.3 in german on a postgresql database.

I'm running the forum for a couple of weeks now and everything was fine. Since last weekend the forum "refuses" to handle attachments (images not shown/sounds not played/nothing to load).

I try to check the admin section, but I can't find any option, which sounds like my problem. I checked the logs (forum and apache), but nothing looks like a problem there. Are there any debug options I can use ? Or is this a common problem with a common solution, I can't find.

thanks
jacpad
Re: attachments not usable [message #30046 is a reply to message #30042] Tue, 31 January 2006 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Does not sound like a common problem, have you tried seeing what is being sent in response to an attempt to download an attached file? And how big are files?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: attachments not usable [message #30047 is a reply to message #30046] Tue, 31 January 2006 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
I try to give a short discription:

The files are 1m at max, mostly ~200k so I suppose no problem there

If I try to "Save Link Target as" I get index.php,
if I try to open the link I got the url with getFile,id and S parameter and the document is not found

In posts images are just displayed as icons instead of the images.

regards
jacpad
Re: attachments not usable [message #30048 is a reply to message #30047] Tue, 31 January 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I've got new info on the problem:

It seems that if I open the link the document won't show up, if I edit (id +1,-1) the url and send the same url again, the picture is shown.

Is it possible that the transfer of my domain to the server caused that trouble, I ran it first just on the ip.
Re: attachments not usable [message #30049 is a reply to message #30048] Tue, 31 January 2006 15:56 Go to previous message
ok, delete the thread - I fixed it myself. the problem was the domainname. I had to rebuild the theme and that solved the problem.....
It seems that the images not shown in all posts, but I think clearing the cache can do the job.

thanks anyway,
fudforum is a fine piece of software

jacpad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Uploading problem
Next Topic: Upgrade changed more than the last upgrades
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 01:18:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03772 seconds