FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Disabling Image Verification
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Disabling Image Verification [message #30080] Thu, 02 February 2006 05:35 Go to next message
topdogger is currently offline  topdogger   Canada
I recently had the opportunity to try FUDforum on a new site I've been asked to work on. I jumped at the chance and installed it in no time. I was able to configure the template to work pretty well(few bugs to get out yet).

One thing I noticed is that when I go to the registration page it stretches the layout. this is because of how large the image verification picture is.

Where is the option to disable image verification on registration? I know it is a security feature but with the size of the forum the club doesn't have to worry about very many security threats.

I searched around but coulnd't find it on the boards here.

If you want to see the forums and registration page here it is:
http://www.reginaveedubclub.com/forum/
Re: Disabling Image Verification [message #30082 is a reply to message #30080] Thu, 02 February 2006 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
here is no config option to do it, your best bet is to remove it from the template and adjust the code in register.php.t not to check the captcha value.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disabling Image Verification [message #30085 is a reply to message #30080] Thu, 02 February 2006 21:54 Go to previous message
topdogger is currently offline  topdogger   Canada
What does this line do? Is this an if statement to decide whether or not to do a "turing" test?

I'm not familiar enough with FUDforums template system to know.

Quote:

{IF: !($FUD_OPT_3 & 128)}{TEMPLATE: register_turing_test}{ENDIFI}

If anyone else wants to remove the image verification on the register page this is what to do:

1. Go to your administrator panel.
- Click on "Template Editor" under "Template Management" on the sidebar
- Select the template you wish to remove the image verification from
- Go down the list until you reach "register.tmpl" Expand this file(using the "+")
- Near the top you should see a file entitled "New User", open that
- Remove the last line from that file ("{IF: !($FUD_OPT_3 & 128)}{TEMPLATE: register_turing_test}{ENDIFI}")
- Now the registration image will nolonger appear.

2. Now go to your "/forum/theme/(yourtemplate)" folder and open "register.php.t"
- Go down to line: 1676 (it might be a good idea to use dreamweaver or another program that numbers every line)
- Change it to something that looks like this:
		/*if (!($GLOBALS['FUD_OPT_3'] & 128) && (empty($_POST['turing_test']) || empty($_POST['turing_res']) || md5(strtoupper(trim($_POST['turing_test']))) != $_POST['turing_res'])) {
			set_err('reg_turing', 'Invalid validation code.');
		}*/

- Save and close the file.

Once that's done the image verification will be disabled. I did this and the forum work fine.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 February 2006 22:15]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: errors in the error log
Next Topic: RDF feed problem with Drupal CMS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 12:15:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02773 seconds