FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel? [message #30352] Sun, 19 February 2006 22:38 Go to next message
curtis is currently offline  curtis   United States
Hi. I'm the admin for a board that has been up and running for several years and I've barely had to touch it. Great program. For the first time, though, I'm getting the following message when trying to access the forum, and since I can't get to the forum, I can't get to the admin control panel link. I am denied acess to the include folder via my FTP program (GoLive). Any suggustions on how to clear this error?

Fatal error: SQL Error has occured, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/coastgui/public_html/forum/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

The forum is at www.coastguides.com, then click messages.

Many thanks.
Re: How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel? [message #30364 is a reply to message #30352] Mon, 20 February 2006 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
In all likelyhood one of the forum's SQL table most likely the session table (usually called fud26_ses) got corrupted. You need to use MySQL REPAIR command to fix it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel? [message #30370 is a reply to message #30364] Mon, 20 February 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Illia. Can you give me specific instructions on how to do this? I'm a complete novice.
Re: How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel? [message #30385 is a reply to message #30370] Tue, 21 February 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
login to MySQL and run command:

REPAIR TABLE fud26_users;

If it tells you that the table does not exists, replace fud26_ with whatever table prefix you've specified when you installed the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to fix error when can't accesss admin control panel? [message #30386 is a reply to message #30385] Tue, 21 February 2006 22:06 Go to previous message
Thank you again. Believe it or not, I have never really managed MySQL before! The repair did the trick....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Adding users to a group using a script
Next Topic: Make announcement by email
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:31:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04273 seconds