FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » login name
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
login name [message #30492] Tue, 28 February 2006 09:18 Go to next message
peregil is currently offline  peregil   Norway
If a user is logged into the forum, I would like to check for that other places on my site. I would also like to retrieve the users username.

Is there a way of doing this? Preferrably without altering the FUDforum code (for upgrade/compability issues).

Re: login name [message #30496 is a reply to message #30492] Tue, 28 February 2006 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use FUDAPI to fetch this information, it can be found inside the scripts/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: login name [message #30512 is a reply to message #30496] Tue, 28 February 2006 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I found the fudapi, and is able to retrieve stats and info about logged in users.

Im however not able to find functions that can help me - to find out the current user.

Let me explain what Im looking for (I guess this is pretty basic, and maybe Im just searching in the wrong places):

I have a website, where one of the subpages is the fudforum. I have 50.000 registered users, and I have decided to move all these users into the fudforum-database. Im planning on using the forum login/register-form in the future.

However I need the login-info alse outside the forum. When the users arrive at my site (not at the /forum-pages), I need to check if they have a valid cookie, and if they do, get their loginname. If they have logged into the forum, and have a valid session, I also need to retrieve their username if they go outside the forum.

Does this make sense?
Re: login name [message #30526 is a reply to message #30512] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
forum_login.php inside the scripts/ directory gives you login/logout functinality. To fetch a user id based on the session, you simply query the fud26_ses table and fetch the user_id field.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: login name [message #30595 is a reply to message #30526] Fri, 03 March 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot. It helped me tremendously... Smile

Another problem (hopefully the last).

Im trying to import my old users into the fud26_users database.

Ive imported the following fields:
id(auto_incr), login, alias (=login), passwd(md5hash),email

However the users seems to be automatically deleted. I guess this is an internal check of some kind. Are there other required fields that must be set?
Re: login name [message #30624 is a reply to message #30595] Sun, 05 March 2006 16:56 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to mark the users as "approved" and "confirmed". Look at the bitmasks you need to set for users_opt inside fud_users.sql table defenition.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to re-skin a working forum
Next Topic: How to get messages from a particular forum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 07:28:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18962 seconds