FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Login in and out via the API
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login in and out via the API [message #31112] Sun, 02 April 2006 20:36 Go to previous message
matt(at)bikernight(dot)co(dot)uk is currently offline  matt(at)bikernight(dot)co(dot)uk   United Kingdom
HI

I've managed to get my own registration script to insert a corresponding record in the fud registration table using fud_add_user. I've also disabled users from being able to register directly to the fud forum as I want them to use my own registration and login. When a user logins into my site I also call external_fud_login to set the correct information for the forum. Then they log out of my site I also call external_fud_logout.

Is this correct? I think it is.

However, I don't want them to see the logout link within the forum templates. Nor do I want them to be able to view or change their SETTING ( they can if they click on the User_CP link)!

Also if they are NOT logged in and looking at the forums and suddenly decide to post a comment, they are show
"Login Form
ERROR: Insufficient Privileges
Anonymous users are not allowed to create topics."
followed by the fud forum login.

I need them to be redirected to my login.

I'm almost there, just a few things to iron out and I'll have completed my mission. Not bad as I've never coded before.

If anyone can please help, I'd be very greatful.
Matt

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum
Next Topic: File permissions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 20:29:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04177 seconds