FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Change Forum display style
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Change Forum display style [message #31487] Sat, 29 April 2006 12:43 Go to next message
djechelon is currently offline  djechelon   Italy
Hi,
I would like to completely change the "Compact" view of categories into my own style, since I don't use that view and I don't want to mess up with database/code adding a new one.

What should I edit to display Forums inside a category horizontally by their icons?
I mean I want to place Forums in a table of N [fixed] columns, where each box contains the Forum name, its icon in BIG size and some other information.
Re: Change Forum display style [message #31508 is a reply to message #31487] Tue, 02 May 2006 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You want to edit the index.tmpl template and adjust the flat category view template in it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Change Forum display style [message #31516 is a reply to message #31487] Tue, 02 May 2006 10:01 Go to previous message
djechelon is currently offline  djechelon   Italy
No... I didn't mean the topics inside a Forum. But the Forum list in a category.

Anyway I managed to edit index.tmpl and index.php.t and it went good. (I spent a night to understand how it worked like)

If you go to http://www.kamelot.webcust.prq.se/forum, you'll see that the last category displays Forums horizontally.

I admit it's just luck! Smile
(and still I got to add other information to that view...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: all posts gone!
Next Topic: robots.txt for path-info
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:32:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03661 seconds