FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #31606] Tue, 09 May 2006 22:20 Go to next message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
Hello,

How to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation?
What is the template variable containing the value of only the subject of the post?

For example instead of having the <title> markup
"FUDforum: How To =&gt; how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation"
for this post, I would like to set
"how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation"

I found the variable
{VAR: TITLE_EXTRA}
but it also contains forum title.
Does it exists?

Thank you in advance ilia!
Matthieu

ps : it is VERY important for getting more visits from search engines. Also for those interested, have a look at my robots.txt because else google finds a lot of duplicate content and it's bad!
http://phpmyvisites.net/robots.txt

[Updated on: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #31608 is a reply to message #31606] Tue, 09 May 2006 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can eliminate the forum's title from the <title> tag by editing the header.tmpl template and removing the {GVAR: FORUM_TITLE} bit.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #31611 is a reply to message #31608] Tue, 09 May 2006 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
The value is
Quote:

<title>{VAR: TITLE_EXTRA}</title>

but it displays
Quote:

<title>: English support V2 =&gt; Problem after a while</title>

It prefixes with the forum title.
Do you know why? Is there a variable only containing

Quote:

Problem after a while

does it exist?

nb : http://www.phpmyvisites.net/forums/index.php/t/2862/4/

[Updated on: Tue, 09 May 2006 23:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #31620 is a reply to message #31611] Wed, 10 May 2006 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Oh I see, sorry I got confused between entire forum's name and the individual forum name. The individual forum name is set in thread.php.t when it assigns the value to the title in the thread_title section of the thread_view_common.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Aw: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #166858 is a reply to message #31606] Sat, 10 March 2012 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uzenetforum is currently offline  uzenetforum

hi,
ok, my answer comes a little late, but for the user, it will need in the future.
switch the variables in:
Template Editor --> msg.tmpl --> msg_title from

{VAR: frm->name} &raquo; {VAR: frm->subject}
to
{VAR: frm->subject} &raquo; {VAR: frm->name}
so the title of the thread is not on the last position
Aw: Re: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation [message #166859 is a reply to message #31608] Sat, 10 March 2012 12:29 Go to previous message
uzenetforum is currently offline  uzenetforum

Ilia schrieb am Tue, 09 May 2006 18:25
You can eliminate the forum's title from the <title> tag by editing the header.tmpl template and removing the {GVAR: FORUM_TITLE} bit.

btw: dont delete the variable {GVAR: FORUM_title}
so on ur startpage u see only "Welcome to the forum" in ur title tag
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How can i get informed by email when something happens in a subscribed theme?
Next Topic: Cant find PHP file
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:28:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02733 seconds