FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Mailman Integration!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailman Integration! [message #32982] Mon, 07 August 2006 22:22 Go to previous message
aleman   United Kingdom
Apologies for the length of this please read through it to the end, I need professional help . . . Well that's what my work collegues keep telling me anyway Razz

After a relaxing time on the beaches of the Costa del sol, its back to work on this integration with a vengance.

Before leaving, I cleared my entire site from my host, and just left a simple SHTML page there for holding. When I came back I set up a Mailman mailing list, with pretty much default options, and subscribed to it. Sent a test email from my mail client to the mailing list, and received it back no problems. Onto stage two

Stage Two - Install FUDForum 2.7.5, no problems, Use the test Forum/Test Category and the Admin User to Post a Message - Works fine. Onto Stage 3

Stage Three - Configure the Bridge. Firstly Unlock The Forum Files (Fallen foul of this in the past Smile ) Files Unlocked, Chmod all the dataroot directories to 777 (as advised in another thread). Then Use Mailing List Manager to set up the bridge. Try a post in the TestCategory to send an email to the mailing list . . . Received . . Great! Smile . Onto Step 4

Step 4 Setup the procmail recipe to pipe messages from the mailing list to the forum. Now this is where I have been coming unstuck. So create a basic .procmailrc with the following
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir
SHELL=/bin/sh
PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/pmlog
LOG="
"
VERBOSE=yes
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
##INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.subscriptions

:0c
* ^TO_list(at)ukhomebrew(dot)info
| /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/.doodles/ukhomebrew/uk-homebrew.info/.forumdata/scripts/maillist.php 1

# VERBOSE=no

:0
$HOME/Maildir/
I'll move the recipe to the rc.subscriptions file when I've got it working. The line in the pipe is cut and pasted from Mailing list Manager so hopefully NO typo's. So test it by replying to the post sent in step three . . . Post received back frm the mailing list so check the forum . . . Nothing, Nada, Zilch Sad Ok check PMLOG file
procmail: [6822] Mon Aug  7 14:29:35 2006
procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/mnt/thresher/vol/boot/spunky/doodles/ukhomebrew/Maildir"
procmail: Match on "(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)list(at)ukhomebrew(dot)info"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/.doodles/ukhomebrew/uk-homebrew.info/.forumdata/scripts/maillist.php 1"
procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/php,-q,/home/.doodles/ukhomebrew/uk-homebrew.info/.forumdata/scripts/maillist.php,1"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/mnt/thresher/vol/boot/spunky/doodles/ukhomebrew/Maildir/new/1154986175.6822_0.spunkymail-mx4"
procmail: Notified comsat: "ukhomebrew@0:/mnt/thresher/vol/boot/spunky/doodles/ukhomebrew/Maildir/new/1154986175.6822_0.spunkymail-mx4"
From ukhomebrew-bounces(at)lists(dot)ukhomebrew(dot)info  Mon Aug  7 14:29:33 2006
 Subject: Test Messages Day Two
  Folder: /mnt/thresher/vol/boot/spunky/doodles/ukhomebrew/Maildir/new	   2983
Everythng looks fine, and looks as though it worked, but there is no message added to the database. So here I am more or less back at square one without a working Mailman to FUDForum interface.

One thought I have had is that when I upgrade the forum from 2.7.4 to 5 I took a datadump, uninstalled the old version(Uneccessary I know, but I had choosen the directory structure unwisely, this gave me the chance to do something about it) and created the new directories as
Dataroot - root/.forumdata
Forum Files - root/site/forum
What I'm thinking is that by hiding the dataroot directory I have somehow screwed up the integration. I guess its time to uninstall and reinstall using a non hidden forum dataroot.

Any other Ideas?

--
Aleman
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message