FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » users_mod format + last_login
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
users_mod format + last_login [message #33005] Tue, 08 August 2006 19:55 Go to previous message
defa is currently offline  defa   Germany
Hi Ilja, hi folks,

Today I tried to ban inactive users from our forum with about 600 users. At first I had the problem to find out the format of the users_mod DB entry - then I found out that the ban bit is the last bit of the 2nd byte of an 4 byte value (0x00 01 00 00). my question is - is this assumption correct? And the second question: can anyone document the exact meaning of this bitmask here?

Afterwards I chose the last_login value to check which users didn't login for the last two month. The sql query gave me 219 inactive users.

I used the following statement:

select id,login from fud26_users where date_sub(curdate(), interval 62 day) >= last_login;

As I later found out - the result was wrong - some users, who login regulary had the value 0 stored in the DB. So either I missunderstood the meaning of the last_login value, or there is a bug preventing that the time stamp is stored in the DB.

Afterwards I used this statment:

select id,login from fud26_users where date_sub(curdate(), interval 62 day) >= last_visit;

using the last_visit value, which returned me only 37 users. - so is there a bug? or what is the last_login timestamp is used for?

thanks a lot
bye
defa
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message