FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33394 is a reply to message #33390] Wed, 30 August 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, $bcc should contain e-mails of other recipients while $header contains the info identifying the message and multi-part. What error do you get on send?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33401 is a reply to message #31787] Wed, 30 August 2006 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ky@smi is currently offline  ky@smi   Denmark
Hi Ilia,
Well, I'm really, really frustrated right now. I can't seem to get the multipart mime to work. The mail() sends messages, but they get scrambled into base64 encoding on the way out. What's really frustrating is that I saved the $to, $subj, $headers, $body to a text file, and if I run a small test code outside EGW and fudforum:

<?php
$to=file_get_contents("to.txt");
$subj=file_get_contents("subj.txt");
$header=file_get_contents("header.txt");
$body=file_get_contents("body.txt");

mail($to,$subj,$body,$header);
?>

It works. $to, $subj, $header, $body are not altered by the file_put_contents()...as far as I can tell, looking at its content in a hexeditor. Moreover, if I do

file_put_contents("to.txt",$to);
$to1=file_get_contents("to.txt");

and so on and mail($to1,$subj1,$body1,$header1) within the send_notification() or send_email() routine, the email is once again scrambled. Finally, taking a small piece of code that generates multipart MIME emails properly, and pasting it inside either send_notification() or send_email(), so it executes when I post a message in fudforum, it generates a scrambled email. It is as if there are two different mail() functions being called. One within EGW-fudforum, and another when called from outside.

It's all very mysterious....and I'm getting very close to abandoning multipart MIME emails, and going it with only plain text.
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33411 is a reply to message #33401] Thu, 31 August 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
ky@smi is currently offline  ky@smi   Denmark
Hi Ilia,
Well...although it doesn't work on my linux box, it does work on the server, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for all your help.
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Signature doesn't show up when i post through mail
Next Topic: Posting and reading by email
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:51:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04237 seconds