FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Avatars
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Avatars [message #33556 is a reply to message #33549] Thu, 07 September 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Stephane is currently offline  Stephane   Netherlands
I will do so the next time I run ipb.php. Very Happy

Unfortunately, although nothing was changed in the design regarding colours, icons and images, running ipb.php again with an updated forum database caused many settings to be lost, especially regarding the rights for certain users like moderators which are not a 1 to 1 mapping from IPB. I am not asking for a solution or a big change in your scripts, but would there be a way to lose 'fewer' settings during the update of the database (apart from making a backup of GLOBALS.php)?
For instance, the order in which the forums should be displayed was somehow 'reset' after running ipb.php. The 'Admin Area' which was visible only to admins, becomes visible for all again. This is the kind of settings I am talking about that get overwritten when running ipb.php again, and I would like to know if I can minimize the effect of it. (sorry, that has nothing to do with avatars)

Thanks for your help.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message