FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » External authentication and user profile settings
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
External authentication and user profile settings [message #33706] Fri, 15 September 2006 12:57 Go to previous message
vangeliz is currently offline  vangeliz   Norway
Not sure if this is the right place, or if it is possible to do what we want, but I hope someone has a good suggestion.

We have a fresh install of v2.7.5, which we would like to integrate with external NTLM/LDAP authentication.

I've got the authentication sorted, but as we never really get the clear-text password during authentication, a random password is inserted in the DB, and we only check if the username provided matches a username in the Fudforum db.

This creates one problem, where the users are unable to edit their own profile without knowing the random password that is generated for the account.

One solution would be to send an email to the user with the password generated when we create via the fudapi, but I hope there is a better way where there user doesn't have to rely on the password at all...

Is there a setting anywhere to remove the requirement for entering a password when editing ones own profile?

Regards,
Thomas
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can't remember GLOBALS.PHP
Next Topic: Which File??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 21:41:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05822 seconds