FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Disabling all e-mail notifications?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Disabling all e-mail notifications? [message #33721] Sat, 16 September 2006 22:39 Go to next message
pestie is currently offline  pestie   United States
Hi. Is there any way to completely disable the feature whereby users can request e-mail notification of posts, etc? I still want to be able to use e-mail for account confirmation, just not anything else. I'm helping with administration on a hosting site that limits the number of outgoing e-mails from any account to 200 per hour, and if we get enough users on the site, that could easily be exceeded if people are using notifications.

Thanks!
Re: Disabling all e-mail notifications? [message #33736 is a reply to message #33721] Mon, 18 September 2006 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can disable the e-mail system via the "Allow Email" option in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disabling all e-mail notifications? [message #33914 is a reply to message #33736] Tue, 26 September 2006 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pestie is currently offline  pestie   United States
That looks like it only disables the ability of users to send e-mail to each other through the forum. That's fine, but what I want to do in particular is just disable the ability of users to request notifications of new posts and that sort of thing. I still want new account confirmation e-mails to work, especially. It's only the notification feature I'm afraid will overload our hosting account's ability to send outgoing mail.
Re: Disabling all e-mail notifications? [message #33949 is a reply to message #33914] Thu, 28 September 2006 14:25 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
A new option was added specifically for this feature, it can be found here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11614

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Spell-check for 2 languages
Next Topic: The usage of {IF:} in templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]