FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Multiple forums with multiple administrators and one user list - is this possible?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Multiple forums with multiple administrators and one user list - is this possible? [message #34011] Sun, 01 October 2006 15:24 Go to previous message
streety is currently offline  streety   United Kingdom
This isn't really a how-to but more a 'can this be done?'

I want to integrate a forum and private messaging system in with a project I'm currently working on.

Users will be able to form private groups and I want the original member of each group to be able to create a private forum. Parts of this forum should be visible to all (including users who are not a member of the group) and other parts should be totally private and visible only to members of the group. The original user should be able to control what is private and what isn't. Furthermore the original member should be able to create sub-groups and further control access in their private forum.

These private forums should require their own url to access and wouldn't show up on mysite.com/forum for example. I'm hoping to establish 10-100 private groups so it would just look cluttered.

Registration and login should be achieved via a custom form designed for the whole site. Reading other posts in this section this seems possible.

The rest of my requirements I don't know about. I would be absolutely amazed if it could all be done 'straight from the box' but if someone could give me some idea as to whether it is possible and if so how much work would be involved that would be great.

If anything is unclear please reply and I'll try to explain myself more fully.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do I fix that!!!
Next Topic: Attachment problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]